Saturday 19 May 2012

Soya Le Gato

Yeeeeeeyyyyyyy! Look what surprised me in the post this week.


 Boo! 

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺

Were you scared?



I did a swap with the ever-so-ever-so fabulous and brilliant Soya Le Gato. I sent her one of my moon brooches and she sent me this one-of-a-kind foxy brooch. I can't tell you how excited I was when it arrived, all beautifully packaged with a cat illustration drawn on the envelope, and she'd even popped in some amazing postcards too.



You really HAVE TO, HAVE TO check out her website – it's a neon rainbow of crazy critters and totally inspired illustrations. 


It's peppered with super bright and flashy new animated gifs like this painted elephant. I'd really love to make some of those, but I've got absolutely no idea where to start! 


I love the way her brain works and her incredible imagination. I wish I could do a screengrab to show you, but I don't know how to do that. So instead, follow this link and dive into her world ✱ http://soyalegato.com 


And if you want your own one-of-a-kind-badge (of course you do) you'll have to be quick as there are only five left. You can pick your favourite on Soya's Facebook page



And her real name isn't even Soya. Or El Gato for that matter. But she does like chocolate soya milk apparently. And cats. 

Isn't she amazing?

4 comments:

  1. Zowie, totally crazy and very cool. Weirdly I've just finished a little window just like the background on her webpage (overlapping semi-circles).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate Maindonald19 May 2012 at 22:54

    We love these, L loves chocolate soya milk (who doesn't!) and is working in a cat picture at this very point in time (one we are doing together- joint project, ongoing and under cover of duvet...) I love this lady's stuff, and I love your blog and your new work Camilla, very very cool. Miss you guys of course but loving NZ xxx Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the elephant!Thanks for sharing a fabulous find

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your semi-circles too, Flora. Beautiful.

    I imagine L's cat will be wonderful, Kate. Is it lovely to be back in NZ? Can we come and visit when we win lots of money please?

    And you're very welcome, Rosie. I always get excited when I find amazing makers, so it's a treat to be able to share them.

    ReplyDelete